A classic carrot cake has been cooked in my family, since I was a child. I have tried many recipes of carrot cake and finally I came across the cake which tastes and looks the best.
- 5 eggs
- 1,5 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups grated carrot (around 3 large carrots)
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 0,5 tsp soda
- tsp vanilla
- tsp cinnamon
- 0,5 cup oil
For Cheesy Frosting:
- 18 kiri cheese squares
- 2/3 cup icing sugar
- 80 g soften butter
- some milk
- Beat eggs with sugar till foam appeared.
- Add baking powder, soda, vanilla, cinnamon. Mix with a spoon.
- Add flour and oil. Mix well.
- Add carrot and crushed walnuts.
- Grease a pan with oil. Pour cake mixture. Bake in preheated oven for 180 C for 40 min. At the end open the upper gas for few min.
You can top the cake with a cheesy frosting (in a blender mix cheese, sugar and soften butter, adding some milk).
Or leave the cake as it is…
And enjoy with your favourite tea or coffee!
The recipe adapted from the book “Heil va Zaffran”