Chebab – traditional Emirati bread, which is very similar to pancakes. It’s served for breakfast or dinner with cheese and honey.
- 3 cups flour (No1 + No2)
- 1 tsp yeast
- milk powder + water or fresh milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp cardamon powder
1. In a bowl mix dry ingredients pour little warm water or milk. Whisk until smooth.
2. Add the rest water to make a mixture a bit watery, which is similar to american pancakes.
3. Let dough rise for 1 hour.
4. Heat a pan. It might you will need to use little oil at first time, later on fry the pancakes without adding oil). Pour butter into the middle of the pan, it will enlarge itself. Cook over medium heat. Flip and cook on other side.
5. Store the pancakes in open plate, with a tsp drop some butter or samen on top of each.
6. Once you finished frying all the pancakes serve them immediately or cover them with towel and close with lead.