A famous arabic dessert -Kunafa, made of shreded Phyllo dough, can be made in a handy alluminium cups, so convinient for a large party or gathering. The cream cheese feeling is very simple in this recipe.
- 500 g kunafa dough
- 150 g melted butter
- 1/2 tsp orange or red food coloring
- 2 small packs thick cream (qeimar)
- grated mozzarella (optional)
- ground pistashious
- for sugar syrup: 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp rose water
- Prepare sugar syrup by boiling water with sugar and lemon for 15 min. Take out from heat and mix with rose water.
- Prepare the kunafa: Break kunafa dough using processor or sizars.
- Melt butter in microwave and mix well with food coloring.
- Pour butter into kunafa dough and mix with hand for around 10 min.
- In alluminium cups lay a portion of kunafa dough around 1 1/2 tbsp, pressing with fingers to the bottom and sides of the cup.
- Top the kunafa with a cream directly from the packet flatten with spoon and sprinkle with Mozarella cheese.
- Cover with one more tbsp of kunafa dough, pressing well on top.
- Place cups on a tray and bake in preheated oven using upper heat at the end until its crispy and browned.
- Pour cold sugar syrup over hot kunafa cups and garnish with pistashious.
Let the Kunafa rest in the room tempreture for a while and serve!
You can also flip it to the serving plates or paper molds.