Fattah or Fattet is a famous Arabic dish of layered fried bread, rice, topped with cooked meat/chicken and covered with yogurt. This recipe is a bit different. I used fava beans instead of rice and humus instead of yogurt. Fattah is a special dish particularly in Ramadan, when its almost a requirement to have on the table for any dinner party. This Beans Fattah is ideal for breakfast or Suhoor meal. Assemble the dish right before serving. Also try another Fattah recipe with Kofta.
- Ragag bread or arabic bread
- 1 tomato
- green onions and some chopped parsley
- 1 can fava beans (Lebanese or Saudi recipe)
- For hummus layer: 1 small can of tahini chickpeas puree
- juice of half lemon
- 1 grated garlic clove (optional)
- salt, pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Break Ragag bread into small pieces. If using arabic bread, break pieses and fry in some oil until crispy and golden.
- To prepare the Hummus: mix all ingredients together.
- Now start layering Fatta. First add a layer of bread. Top it with a layer of warmed in microwave fava beans (along with its water). And then a layer of chickpeas. Garnish with tomatoes, onions and parsley. If desired drizzle some olive oil on top.
Serve for a delicious breakfast!